Saturday, December 17, 2005

About my journey

For the first half of my life, I was pretty sedentary. In the late 1990's, I had a friend who got me started running for exercise and for stress reduction. I have very slowly worked myself up to being able to run a moderate distance per week.

Some time in late 2005, I had the idea of a virtual cross country trip. So, in January, 2006, I started off from New York's Rockefeller Plaza. Running three or four or five or six miles per day, I plan to run the distance equivalent to a cross country trip to San Francisco. I figure at my current pace, it will take me the better part of three years.

Update: I finished the initial journey in San Francisco on May 11, 2008, after 608 days of running. I decided to continue up the coast to Oregon and Washington, then double back and head east.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work! I actually ran solo across America in 2006 (see www.pacerun.com) and think your effort is wonderful.