Monday, January 02, 2006

Day 1 -- And I'm off!



Weather this morning was cool but clear in NYC. I began at Rockefeller Plaza. I ran down 7th Avenue to Broadway, then on 5th avenue, I cut over for a quick stop at the Empire State Building. I'm not sure that this was the quickest way to get to the ESB, but this is what Mapquest gave me. Rockefeller Plaza to ESB is about 1.2 miles.


From there, I ran back up to the Lincoln Tunnel, and crossed over into New Jersey. ESB to the Lincoln Tunnel is about 0.8 miles. Here I am in the Lincoln Tunnel. Traffic appears to be lighter than you would expect.

This took me over to Jersey, where I jumped on NJ495 West. I ran a total of five miles this morning, so I'm somewhere on 495 West, in Weehawken or Union City. (The city boundaries are not very clear on the map I'm looking at.) From here, I'll head on west.

All images found with Google Image.
Rockefeller Plaza
Empire State Building
Lincoln Tunnel

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you used a photo from my site: http://www.sylviastuurman.nl/stories/newyork/english.php#empbuilding
As you can read in http://www.sylviastuurman.nl/sitemap/foto/english.php , you are free to use my photo's, when you mention the source, and add a link to where you got it from.
(and of course, an email about the fact that you use the photo had been appreciated as well)