Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Day 9 -- Watch your speed

I made 6 miles today, the longest run so far this year. Tomorrow, I'll switch over from the Garden State Parkway to the New Jersey Turnpike.

I guess I'd better be careful. Check this out:

New Jersey will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers overtime. There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways.

They are the following: ...1-95 (Jersey Turnpike) north and south...Garden State Parkway north and south

Now 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing all their part timers on full time. If you work in New Jersey, New York, or CT, you must take one of there interstates, routes, or parkways. It's up to you how fast you are doing when they do.


I don't really want to contribute to the state's fundraising drive. If they catch me tearing along the roadways at top speed, they might throw the book at me.

Of course, the whole thing is just an urban legend that I found at Snopes. If you ever have any doubt about a particular virus warning, unusual photo, or just about anything else that might land in your inbox, that's the place to look.

0 comments: