Monday, January 23, 2006

Day 12 -- Rutgers



Made 5.3 miles today. I'm passing somewhere close to New Brunswick, so I thought that I would make a stop at Rutgers University.

My mother, Grandma Jogger, earned her doctorate at Rutgers in the 70's. I was about 12 years old, plus or minus two. I remember going with her a couple of times to the campus. Once or twice I sat in on one of her classes. It seems to me that she was teaching it, but she might have been taking it. I also remember her using computer punchcards to enter the data for her statistical analysis. If you are old enough to remember computer punch cards, you'll know what a pain that was.

Nothing that I saw while I was at Rutgers (i.e., on their web site) reminded me at all of the campus in the 70's. I suppose if I actually physically went there, I might remember something.

0 comments: