Friday, January 06, 2006

Day 4 -- Great Falls



Five miles today got me as far as the Great Falls Visitor Center in Paterson, NJ. I'm not sure exactly why I decided to stop here, other than I thought it would be scenic (it is) and it wasn't too far. One nice thing about setting out from New York is that scenic stuff comes along pretty quickly. I had decided to start by running from Rockefeller Plaza to the Empire State Building, and I was surprised to find it was only a couple of miles. New York is smaller than I thought. Of course, once I get out to the midwest, I'll go days without a good photo-op.

Anyway, after my stop, I ran back towards the Garden State Parkway, heading "South", which is really mostly West. I'm on my way to Philadelphia, to visit the Liberty Bell. This will take a while.

0 comments: