Thursday, January 05, 2006

No Progress

No progress today. Mrs. Jogger had a dental appointment at 7:00 am, so I had to stay home to see all the little Joggers off to school. I needed a break, anyway. My legs are tired after three 5 mile days following a big layoff.

My boss often runs at the same time that I do, and yesterday morning, he asked me if I was training for something. I said that no, I was just working out to lose weight. So he suggested that I run the half-marathon in Madison in May. I was polite, but inwardly, I snorted. It took me three days to run 15 miles. Like I'm going to run 13 miles all at once!

I don't know who is reading this (if anybody) or what they are interested in, so I'm just going to talk about what's on my mind. I stayed up last night to watch the Rose Bowl. It was a pretty good game. Both teams played well, and they were about evenly matched. One thing puzzles me, though. How can you go for fourth and two at close to midfield when there's two minutes left in the game and you're up by 5? Kick the ball! Give 'em 80 yards to go to score. If you get a little lucky, it might be 90 or 95. But don't hand them the ball at midfield. (There, I'm glad I got that off my chest.)

Not that I was rooting for USC. I don't have a big stake in either team, but I was really kind of pulling for Texas, just because they were underdogs and because USC already had a couple of championships. So I'm happy with the outcome of the game, and I enjoyed watching it. And then I slept in a little this morning.

Life is good.

0 comments: