Monday, January 09, 2006

Day 5 -- Garden State Parkway

It's warm this morning in New Jersey, with scattered clouds. I only ran three miles, which was enough to get me back on the Garden State Parkway. Now I'm in for a longer haul. I'll be on the GSP for the rest of the week, and then a week or two on the New Jersey Turnpike. I'll try to find some sights to post photos of, but I'll have to come up with something else to fill the space.

The reason that I cut it short this morning is that Mrs. Jogger was up half the night with the littlest Jogger, who was sick all day yesterday. He couldn't keep anything down. It took about 24 hours to work through his system, and now he's bouncing around like, well, a perfectly healthy 4-year-old. So I ran a quick three so that I could be home to help get the other three little Joggers off to school. I didn't really have much to do. They are pretty self-sufficient at this point. (11, 10, and 7.)

Adding to this chaos, Mrs. Jogger's mother is here for a visit. She is a wonderful, sweet person, and we're glad to have her. But her presence adds stress to Mrs. Jogger's life. She feels like she has to be a good host, and keep her mother entertained, and make sure to cook good, homestyle food. Hopefully, now that the little guy is back on his feet, we'll have a good visit.

0 comments: