Saturday, January 21, 2006

Day 11 Was Yesterday

I made 5.3 miles yesterday in the New Jersey sunshine (or clouds. I'm not sure.) I didn't get a chance to even blog it, because I had a meeting in the afternoon in Madison. I left here at around 2:00 and didn't get home until close to 10:00. Anyway, nothing eventful happened in either Wisconsin or New Jersey.

Well, something noteworthy did happen here, although I didn't have to do anything to make it happen. The department voted to grant me tenure. As I blogged here, there wasn't a whole lot of suspense in this vote, and it isn't even the official last word. Nonetheless, it's nice to get that much affirmation.

No progress today or tomorrow, since the gym is closed. Classes begin on Monday, and I, for one, am ready. Mrs. Jogger says that classes can't start until I've had my dream about showing up to the first day unprepared. If so, that's the only thing on my "To Do" list. There's only so much I can do to prepare before classes start. I have the first day of classes ready, and a pretty good start on the second and third days. I have friends who go ahead and write all their exams before classes start, but I can't do that. I need to wait and see how the classes go, and what sorts of things I end up emphasizing.

So, nothinig in particular to do this weekend except try to keep the little Joggers from destroying the house.

0 comments: