Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Day 260 -- Cameron, Missouri


If you're ever in this area, you should definitely drop in on Cameron, Missouri. It's a wonderful little town. However, I can't recommend that you drop into their web site, which seems disorganized. See if you can find the original of this photo. I'll give you a hint. These are the Tuggle Monuments. According to the site:
A matched pair of 28-foot granite monuments erected in 1886 and 1909 honor a local farm couple. The wills of Johathan and Polly Tuggle specified that $10,000 of their estate be used for the statuary located in Packard Cemetery on BB Highway. Both female figures hold anchors in their left hands while one points skyward.


I did run today, but not until noon. I just couldn't get out of bed this morning. I had to stop twice to walk, which was frustrating. But both times, I picked up where I left off, so I ran the full 6.4 miles that I had planned. We'll see if I can get up tomorrow. If not, I doubt that I'll run at all, since I've got a couple of things to do during the day.

0 comments: