Saturday, December 04, 2010

Day 1255 -- Plainfield


Apparently, this is not the aftermath of a tragic tornado in northern Vermont. It was built that way. According to SugarMountainFarm.com, this is the sort of architectural imagination that is stifled by neighborhood covenants.

Thursday afternoon, I went over to Snap Fitness and signed on for three months. I took Friday morning off, partly because I'd already run three days in a row, and partly because I wanted to get to school early to prepare for class. As poorly as that class went, I might as well have slept in. Anyway, Friday afternoon it because to snow, and by the time I woke up Saturday morning, there was a good eight inches on the ground, and still falling. So it was just as well that I have a membership at the fitness club.

I didn't go down right away, because Mrs. Jogger was making pancakes, and they smelled really good. But I went down after noon and got in a 5K on the treaded dreadmill. It was OK, but I went out a little too fast. I had to stop and take a couple of walk breaks.

If I'm going to get in a long run tomorrow, it's going to be on the dreadmill. We'll see.

0 comments: