Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 1312 -- Nooseneck


Lots of photos of Nooseneck to choose from, but naturally, I was attracted to this one. From CoolRunning.com, this is Claire Gadrow, the women's winner at the 2009 Nooseneck 18K. The caption says that she is just past the 10 mile mark, and she ran about 7 minute miles. So she's some 70 minutes into the race. If I had been there, I would be back somewhere about mile 6 or 7.

The obvious question is, "Nooseneck? Really?" I guess that's two questions. I thought maybe Wikipedia would explain the name, but here is there entire entry:
Nooseneck is a village in Kent County, Rhode Island, United States. Nooseneck is located on Rhode Island Route 3 near Interstate 95.

So we may never know.

I ran outside this morning. It was great. I got lost in thought, and ended up running about a mile more than I had planned. I never do that on the dreadmill. On the dreadmill, I'm always counting the seconds until I'm done.

0 comments: