Sunday, September 04, 2011

Day 1429 -- Burnsville


Actually, I'm closer to Gem, West Virginia, than to Burnsville. However, a Google search for "Gem West Virginia" turns up a whole lot of stuff that isn't the town, which is so small it's listed in the West Virginia Home Town Locator as a "Populated Place". What is the population? I don't know. I can't find it.

So, Burnsville it is, although I'm a little past it. This sign is from the Byrne Family Reunion page.

I set my alarm for Thursday morning, but I wasn't sure if I was going to run or not. It turns out that I was up in the night with a migraine, so I had no trouble turning off the alarm. Then I planned to run on Friday, but that night, we had little alarum straight out of a Thurber short story (which I am not going to blog about) so I slept in again. Saturday morning, we had thunderstorms. Every time I thought they had blown over, there would be another little rumble. In the end, they never got that close to Joggerville, but how was I to know?

So, I had three days off, for the first time in I don't know how long. This morning, I made up for it with a long run, which turned out to be exactly 13.1 miles. Another Pikermi, this one slightly slower than the Madison Mini Marathon.

0 comments: