Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Days 1431 and 1432 -- Flatwoods

Here's a little known fact: Its the law in Braxton County, Flatwoods, West Virginia that you must provide proper first aid to all aliens at the scene of an accident. This is according to Thermopylaehillbilly. And they wouldn't lie about something like that.

I had a great run yesterday.  I ran about 7.5 miles at a decent pace.  It felt really, really good.  It was a great way to start off the first day of classes.

So, after running 25 miles the first three days of the week, I could definitely have taken today off.  I didn't for three reasons.  (1) I'm still feeling guilty about skipping the first three days of the month.  If I had skipped today, I would have been back down to less than 50% of the days in September.  (2)  Today was the second day of classes, and my first day meeting my MWF classes.  I didn't want to face them without my daily exercise.  (3)  We are in the middle of a spell of wonderful weather.  It's been about 10 degrees Celsius in the morning, and dry.  We don't have that many perfect running days here in Wisconsin.  I didn't want to miss one.

0 comments: