Saturday, June 16, 2007

Catching Up: Days 376, 377, 378, 379, and 380


Day 376 (Sunday) 6.2 miles, 58 minutes (Wisconsin)
Day 377 (Monday) 3 miles, 29 minutes (DC)
Day 378 (Wednesday) 5.8 miles, 55 minutes (DC)
Day 379 (Thursday) 4.5 miles, 45 minutes (DC)
Day 380 (Friday) 6.3 miles, 61 minutes (DC)

The distances in DC are all estimated, based on my time and what I guessed my pace was. I also did a huge amount of walking, none of which counts towards my journey. It was about a mile from the dorm where I was staying to the conference site, and I walked that six times each way. I also walked down the National Mall three times, two of which were also museum visits. And I did more assorted walking than I usually do around here.

I had a great time. Washington, DC, is very unlike my little hometown in southwestern Wisconsin. (It's this kind of keen observation that makes this blog what it is.) I will write more about it as I get caught up this week, but right now, I have a bed calling my name that doesn't have a plastic coated mattress, but does have Mrs. Jogger. A vast improvement over the bed I've been in for the last few days.

This picture is not me, but it could have been. I ran right there.

0 comments: