Monday, June 18, 2007

First Day of Summer

My semester was over about a month ago. But the Little Joggers had school up until June 8, and then I turned around and went off to DC. So in a very real way, this was the first day of summer -- the first day that I was home with the kids all day. I'm ready for September to come.

Not really. But it was quite a day. The two boys had tennis practice first thing this morning. That went OK. Then I started to take the oldest and newest Little Jogger and the medium Little Jogger grocery shopping, but the oldest and newest said she felt sick to her stomache. So I turned around and brought her home. She basically moped around in bed most of the day. I missed my noon book club meeting, because I didn't want to leave her. Then it started to rain, so I had to call all the soccer parents to cancel soccer practice. But the littlest Little Jogger's team did have practice (in the rain!) so I had to run him out and then run out and pick him up. Then, after supper, we played a rousing game of Animalopoly, and the kids are now in bed.

Tomorrow, more of the same.

0 comments: