Monday, June 04, 2007

Day 371 -- Angora, Nebraska


I finally got my long run in today, and I ran right through Angora, Nebraska. Alas, there were no good pictures of Angora, Nebraska, on the web. How about some Angora goats?

Today was kind of a mixed up day. First of all, I couldn't get out and run early, because Mrs. Jogger had a meeting this morning. I had to stay home to see the kids out the door. As soon as they were gone, I laced up my running shoes and headed out.

Then I wasn't sure how far to run. I could have run six miles to complete the nine mile run that I only ran three of yesterday. Or I could have run nine miles to replace that run, and let the three be a bonus. So what I finally did was to run six, stop for a drink, then just take off running. I didn't follow any measured route, and I didn't worry about time. I just ran for the joy of it. Well, it turned out that I ran about 10.5 miles total, further probably than I should have. But it felt great!

0 comments: