Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day 385 -- Kimball


It's a busy weekend in Kimball, Nebraska. They are having the first annual Carp Festival out at the Oliver Reservoir. Accompanying that is a Kids Fishing Derby. And there's the summiting of Panorama Point, part of some fundraiser for juvenile cancer. Apparently, this morning people are climbing the highest points in all fifty states. As the Kimball website wryly points out, Panorama Point "looks less like a peak than like a tall spot in a pasture." Anyway, I've arrived just in time for all the festivities. Too bad I neglected to bring a fishing pole.

I ran six miles this morning. It felt good and relaxing, but I came home to a fight among the Little Joggers over whose turn it was to listen to a particular CD, so I'm all tensed up again.

0 comments: