Sunday, July 15, 2007

Day 402 -- Ft. Collins


Fifteen miles today took me through Fort Collins. As some of you know, I have a special reason for wanting to visit Fort Collins, although frankly, I'm really just on my way through to Boulder. This is the Fort Collins Museum, which seems quite nice.

One of the great things about my Sunday long runs is the anticipation. During the week, I just basically get up and run before I have time to wake up. But for a long run, I start thinking about it the day ahead. I lay out my clothes, so I don't have to look for them. I decide what I'm going to eat. For a regular run, I don't eat until it's over, but for a long run, I'll have an energy bar ahead, and one or two energy gels on the run. I mix up my Gatorade and put it in the fridge. Then I'll go to bed early, thinking about my route.

Today was a good run. It's the longest run I've had since my 20 miler on May 6. It was tiring, but it was fun. Now I'll take a day off, and get back to work on Tuesday. This is a "step back" week, so I'll be taking it easy.

0 comments: