Sunday, July 29, 2007

Day 412 -- Idaho Springs

According to Go-Colorado.com, Idaho Springs is "the birthplace of the Rocky Mountain Gold Rush." It boasts an "authentic nineteenth-century Main Street" Just behind my arm you can see the authentic nineteenth-century USAToday newspaper box. The site goes on, "The main draw of Idaho Springs, however, is the breathtaking scenery of the Rockies." I believe that. I'm well into the mountains, now, and when I Google for images, I see lots and lots of beautiful scenery. I must admit that the thin mountain air is getting to me, though.

Seventeen miles today stretched to about 17.5. It was, as predicted, pretty sweaty work. I drank and drank and drank, and felt pretty OK when I finished. I've still been thirsty all morning. But mostly I've felt a good sense of accomplishment.

0 comments: