Saturday, February 12, 2011

Days 1292 and 1293 -- Hampton


During the week, I set my alarm for 4:45. That gets me out the door by 5:15 or so, an hour or so at the gym, home by approximately 6:30, and I'll get to work by 7:30 or 8:00. On the weekend, I set the alarm back to 5:45, since I'm not in much of a hurry. This past Monday, with no run scheduled, I kept it at 5:45. I don't remember what happened on Tuesday, but as I've already reported, I didn't run. On Wednesday, I woke up about 4:30, so I turned off the alarm and went to the gym.

So Thursday, the alarm was still set for 5:45, but I didn't realize it. I woke up, turned off the alarm without really looking at the clock, and headed for the gym. I noticed that it was getting light earlier than I was expecting. Cool, spring is coming. I got to the gym, and no one was there, so I got to work. I was nearing the end of my six miles when I finally looked carefully at a clock, and realized I was running an hour late. Fortunately, I don't have an early class on Thursday.

I took a scheduled day off yesterday, although I had thought about making up the lost day from Tuesday. Today, I did five more, at a stately pace. And I've made it to somewhere near Hampton.

0 comments: