Sunday, June 25, 2006

Blogger research

Check out the comment to this post. Someone is doing research on bloggers and their habits, and they have invited me to be a subject. My very first reaction was that this was just another form of spam, and I should ignore it, if not delete it. But they I realized that they had taken the trouble to get through the bot-stopping wavy letters, so they must have done this by hand. And, I always like to help out legitimate research when I can. And, I have to admit, I was curious.

Looking at their questions, I suspect that their thesis is something like "Bloggers are pathetic losers in real life." (They will probably couch that in more academic terms.) There are lots of statements for you to agree or disagree with (on a nice 7 point Likert scale) like "I often have trouble getting people to like me," or "I am comfortable in large groups." I think they expect you to "Strongly agree" with the first and "Strongly disagree" with the second. But maybe I'm just reading my own prejudices into it.

In any case, I participated in the survey, and some day, these people will no doubt publish their results. I hope that they appreciate my cooperation.

0 comments: