Sunday, June 04, 2006

Day 98 -- Massillon


Lawrence Block fans are familiar with Massillon, Ohio. It figures in a couple of the Scudder mysteries. The police chief in Massillon turns out to be a pretty sharp dude (for a small town cop) and helps Scudder a couple of times.


I didn't get to meet the police chief, but I did visit the Massillon page of historicbyway.com, which had a couple of good photos, and some interesting information. Paul Brown, the founder of the Cleveland Browns, is a Massillon native. (I always thought that was really cool: name the team after yourself. If I ever start a pro team, I'm definitely going to call it the Wisconsin Joggers. That will strike fear into the hearts of the enemy.)

I ran seven miles today. It was a beautiful clear morning, and actually a gorgeous day all around.

0 comments: