Monday, June 19, 2006

Day 110 -- Catching Up

Actually, Day 110 was yesterday, but I never got a chance to record it.

Acting on the advice of one of my table leaders at the reading, I found a nice bike path that starts not far from the dorm. I ran out it about 2.5 miles and ran back. It's a great bike path, and now that I know where it is, I'll probably never go running in Lincoln again. The AP reading for stats is switching to Louisville, Kentucky, next year.

I was running a little late yesterday morning, so I just had time to eat breakfast and get out to the reading sight. Reading was a bit sporadic that morning, because we were almost finished, and they had to get the books that weren't finished around to the people reading the questions. So we'd read a packet or two, then sit there and wait while they tried to find more for us to read. Then another packet or two, then more waiting. But we finished up by 11:00, and they told us to go.

Well, I didn't see any reason to sit around Lincoln all day, so I rushed back to the dorm, threw my stuff into the car, grabbed a box lunch from the dining hall, and hit the road. I listened all the way home to a book on tape, The First Eagle, by Tony Hillerman. It was read by someone named George Guidall, who was simply excellent. I finished it just as I rolled into town.

I got home about 7:30, hugged the boys (the girls are on tour with their grandmother) and went to bed early. This morning, I slept in for the first time in well over a week.

So it was a busy day, but now I'm home, and ready to get back to...hmmm, what am I going to do with myself?

1 comments:

Dena Marie said...

Hey, Mr. J.

Just stopping by to say "howdy"! By the way, I fixed my knee problem... thanks again for the advice. I had to start stretching *before* I run (instead of just after)... and I also bought a small knee brace. I hope you're enjoying your summer running!

--DM :-)