Saturday, February 24, 2007

A Complement. Kind of.

I gave a talk in the Math Department Colloquium the other day. I'm in charge of scheduling it, and when no one else is available, I often step in and talk about whatever I can think of. The talk went well, and I was gratified to see several of my current and former students there.

In fact, one student came into Modern Algebra the next day, and told me that it was the best lecture she'd been to in a long time. I was pleased as punch, until I thought about that a little bit. Some of the lectures that she was comparing it to were my Modern Algebra lectures.

Oh, well. I choose to interpret that as saying, "Your Modern Algebra lectures are, of course, excellent, but this talk was inspired, even for you." What other explanation could there be?

technorati tag:

0 comments: