Monday, November 19, 2007

Day 490 -- Temple


I probably shouldn't leave Salt Lake City without visiting the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, popularly known as the Mormons. Here's their temple in Salt Lake City. It's a lovely building. Its six-spire design is suggestive of Gothic and other classical styles but unique, distinctive, and symbolic. Well, at least according to the web site.

I ran an easy 3.5 miles today. The first mile and a half, I ran with a friend of mine who lives over a block. I often see him in the morning, but usually we aren't going in the same direction. But today we were, and it was fun having someone to talk to. We talked about the Packers, and University politics, and kids, and all kinds of stuff. Then he turned off, and I ran two more miles, creaking and groaning the whole way.

0 comments: