Sunday, November 25, 2007

Days 493 and 494 -- Tooele Army Depot


Better watch myself around here. I'm running somewhere near Tooele Army Depot, which seems to do some "neutralization" of atomic waste. I say "seems to," because it's kind of hard to get through the General Atomics web page. Here's a typical quote: "Under a cooperative effort between GA, Tooele Army Depot (TEAD), the Defense Ammunition Center (DAC), Tyndall Air Force Base (AFB), and the Joint Munitions Command, a Hydrolysis Production Prototype Plant (HPPP) was constructed at TEAD. This GA technology provides TEAD the ability to demil obsolete aluminum-bodied Cartridge Actuated Devices (CADs) in an environmentally friendly manner." OK. Wev.

I took Thursday off, as planned. I ran both Friday and Saturday, in fairly cold weather. Friday was late morning, about 10:00, and Saturday was early, about 6:00, but both were about 24 degrees (F). I'm glad I didn't try to run early Friday, because it was something like 15 overnight. Both runs were about 5 miles, and I felt pretty good about them. I really am addicted to running. I couldn't possibly have made it through the weekend without it.

It was a fun weekend. I took the kids and went down to visit Grandma Jogger. Mrs. J stayed here, because she had to work at the gallery. The kids were awfully well behaved. The boys got noisy at times, but they didn't fight too badly at all. We had some fun. The oldest and newest Little Jogger and I even went to a home football team for my alma mater, which is in the Division III playoffs. They won pretty easily. I enjoyed the game, but I'm out of practice in watching football without instant replay and super slo-mo and digital first-down lines.

Now it's back to work. Three more weeks of class, and then finals. I hope that the students are ready to work hard, because we will have to.

0 comments: