Friday, November 28, 2008

Day 741 -- Connell


This is ash from the 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens, covering the landscape near Connell. I got the photo from the web site of the Cascades Volcano Observatory in Vancouver. It's an interesting photo, even if I'm 28 years late.

I went to the gym this morning, and ran 100 laps, which covered 13.3 miles. I was pretty proud of that. I had been meaning to put in a long run, and since I wasn't in any hurry to go anywhere this morning, that was my chance. It was very quiet. There weren't more than a half dozen people when I started, and there was no one there when I finished.

We did some holiday partying today. The Chamber of Commerce sponsored a showing of the movie Prancer, with admission being an item for the food pantry. They do this every year on the day after Thanksgiving, although frankly, they've had movies that I liked better than Prancer. And it was not at all a movie for little kids. It was very slow and sappy. It's much better when they have some whacky comedy with exploding elves and crashing reindeer.

Tomorrow, we are going down to visit Grandma Walker. She doesn't have room for us to stay, so it will just be a day trip. It will be nice to see her. It's been a while. She's a great cook, so I'm looking forward to more overeating.

0 comments: