Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Day 81 -- The University of Pittsburgh

I stopped in to the University of Pittsburgh today. I'd show you a photo of me in front of Thackery Hall, which houses the math department, but Blogger steadfastly refuses to upload any photos. Pity.

Pitt has a very nice campus. I have never been here before. Grandma Jogger got her Masters degree here before I was born. It occurred to me that I am working my way backward through Grandma Jogger's academic degrees. I have already visited Rutgers, where she got her doctorate in the 70's. Now I'm at Pitt, where she got her Masters in 1959. The only sensible thing to do is to go from here to the College of Wooster, where she got her bachelor's degree in 1956. In fact, she is going back for her 50th reunion next month. If I hurry, I can be there at the same time she is. It is about 120 miles, and I've got just about a month to make it. And if I'm a few days late, c'est la vie.

0 comments: