Friday, May 12, 2006

Day 83 -- Heinz Field

Actually, Ben Roethlisberger is in Switzerland. I know this because of series of articles on the Official Pittsburgh Steelers website detailing the trip for breathless fans everywhere. "It's Swiss Family Roethlisberger as Ben goes abroad." "Roethlisberger's having fun in Switzerland." "Ben says 'Cheese' while in Switzerland." "Roethlisberger's Trip is winding down." "Ben comes home to live his life; recommends that you get one, too." Okay, I'm pretty sure I made that last one up.

However, I have no intention of running to Switzerland. Fortunately, the power of Photoshop allows me to join Roethlisberger in mid-game, even though it's the off season.



If I want to run with Hines Ward, I can.



If I want to help Bill Cowher coach, I can.



Hell, if I want to meet LC Greenwood, I can.



I wonder if any of these guys mind that I'm wearing a Packers t-shirt. None of them said anything.

On the home front, the weather is crappy, and threatens to remain so several more days. It doesn't look like I'll be running tomorrow or Sunday, because the gym isn't open early enough. So, with a day off yesterday, and the prospect of two more days off ahead of me, I ran long and hard today. I ran 6 miles in a torrid (for me) 48 minutes. I'm feelin' good. And, I'm past Heinz Field, and on my way to Wooster.

0 comments: