Wednesday, May 31, 2006

More Crosswords

I sent out my first crossword on Saturday morning, figuring that I had gotten than monkey off my back, and I could stop trying to write crosswords, and go back to solving them. By Saturday afternoon, I had worked out the theme for my second crossword, and by Sunday evening, I had a completed grid. I fiddled with it a little on Monday, and I liked it so much better than the first that I went ahead and sent it off on Tuesday. So now the crossword editor at the NYT is going to get two from me, practically simultaneously. The second one is good, though. I really do think he'll take it.

I've already completed the third one, although I have to sit down and write the clues. I'm not planning to send it off until I hear from the guy on the first two. I don't think the third is as good as the second, so if he rejects that one, I won't even bother to send this other one.

And, yes, I'm halfway through my fourth crossword. It's going to be really, really hard. But good. I'm enjoying it. I have no idea when my brain will quit doing this and let me work on something like, you know, math.

0 comments: