Friday, December 08, 2006

Day 240 -- Derby, Iowa


OK, did you know that there was a Post Mark Collectors Club? I guess it's no weirder a hobby than any other. As they say, "With over 35,000 named Post Offices in the U.S. and many more around the world, the collecting potential is limitless." So, as part of their website, they actually have pictures of post offices, which is where I stumbled across this picture of the post office in Derby, Iowa (pop. 131.) I'm only surprised that I haven't run into the PMCC before.

As you may have noted, I didn't run yesterday. I woke up, took inventory, and went back to bed. Bad mistake. I was in a funk all day. I just couldn't snap out of it. So I ran four miles this morning, and I felt much better. Now I'll probably take off both days this weekend, since the gym isn't open early, and it promises to be cold and windy. So two more days of funk, it looks like.

0 comments: