Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Year-End Meme

As seen at Dr. Crazy's and Addy N.'s:

The idea is to post the first sentence from each of the last 12 months, and see what (if anything) it says about your blog.

January 2006: "Weather this morning was cool but clear in NYC." This was the very first day of my virtual journey. At the beginning, I kept a careful eye on the weather where I supposedly was, but I soon gave up on that.

February 2006: "I ran 5 miles today." In this post I set my February goal.

March 2006: "Well, I'm starting March off with a whimper." I gave my excuses for not having run that day.

April 2006: "Good thing that I have lost weight..." Follow the link to get the joke. Or possibly to not get it. I don't think now that it was all that funny.

May 2006: "I am really past Latrobe, but only just past the exit, so I thought that I would drop in to Saint Vincent College, the first Benedictine college in America." I'm much more relaxed now about posting photos from just about anything in the same county (or the next county over) as my current virtual whereabouts. Back then, going back a few miles to Latrobe seemed like cheating.

June 2006: "It was inevitable that while I was in Canton, I would visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame." And some day I plan to be there in person.

July 2006: "Today is the oldest and newest Little Jogger's birthday." Should I explain this joke every time? She's adopted, so she is physically the oldest, but the newest member of our family.

August 2006: "To make up for the lack of pictures the last couple of days, today I have included two." No comment.

September 2006: "Once again, I have managed to find the actual sign that I would be standing under if I were out there on the road where I claim I am." My first post in Illinois.

October 2006: "I stopped to see my dissertation advisor on Friday." A little post about my love/hate relationship with my advisor.

November 2006: "On October 28, 2005 (just barely over a year ago) an Amtrak train caught fire around Lockridge, Iowa." Fortunately, I got there a year later, or I could have been seriously virtually hurt.

December 2006: "Halfway between Knoxville and Chariton is the little town of Belinda, Iowa, where I found the Belinda Toy and Antique Museum." In rereading this post, I found a missing right parenthesis. I hate that! Compulsive that I am, I fixed it, even though no one is ever going to read that post again. Unless you'd like to read it now, to see the parenthesis that is no longer not there. Go ahead. Click on the link. I've left a subtle clue so you know which one it was.

So, what does all this add up to? I don't know. I note that 9 of the 12 days were running days. For comparison, I've run 244 of the 347 days this year, which is just over 70%, so that's about as close as I could expect. Of course, when you consider that on many of the days when I don't run, I don't post at all, it seems a little low.

0 comments: