Saturday, December 30, 2006

Day 257 -- Jogger's Progress


YTDDec
Distance1374.5120.7
Time8 days, 8 hrs, 54 min
17:40
Days25722
States82

I'm doing Jogger's Progress today, even though it's not the last day of the month, because I'm definitely taking tomorrow off. After 7 miles yesterday, and 9 today, I need a break. I meant to do more today, a half marathon, but after 9 miles, I was through. One thing that I've learned this last year, as I've pushed my time and distance, is to know my limits.

I made my goal of matching my mileage for November, in one fewer day. For the year, I have 1374.5 miles, which is over 52 marathons. So, see, I can run a marathon, if you give me long enough. Another way I like to think of the year is that I proved that I can run from New York to western Missouri in less than 8.5 days, as long as I don't have to stop to rest.

What's in store for next year? Well, it's easy to set a couple of goals: I'd like to run at least 257 days and at least 1375 miles. I'd also like to go the whole year without ever taking more than two days off in a row. I took as many as four this last year, once in January and once in March. Of course. I plan to run my first marathon, in the Quad Cities in September. And I'd like to hit my goal weight. If I can do all that, it will be a great year.

Actually, I think it will be a great year, even if I don't make all my goals.

0 comments: