Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Birthday, Little Jogger!

Today is the oldest and newest Little Jogger's birthday. Well, today is the day we celebrate her birth. When she was found, in November of 2000, she knew that she was six, but didn't know when exactly her birthday was. So the Ukranian government just made a guess and called it July 1. (I understand that July 1 and January 1 are the default birthdays for Ukrainian orphans.) We talked about changing it on her official adoption papers -- one fictional birthday is as good as another, I guess -- but never got it done. So today is the day.

We celebrated by going over to some friends' house and doing yard work. (Do we know how to party, or what?) We helped them take down a mulberry tree, and then came home for a little rest, and went back for a cookout, complete with birthday cake and s'mores. I'm now so stuffed I can't move. I'm going to have to run 20 miles in the morning in penance.

0 comments: