Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Day 127 -- Dayton


I couldn't visit Dayton without stopping to see my friends Stephanie Edwards and Darren Parker at the University of Dayton. We were in graduate school together a million and a half years ago. Like me, they kicked around a while before settling down. I just wish it weren't so far away. They're good people, and I'm sorry I don't see them very often.

I ran a little over 7 miles today, but it felt like 100. The humidity has hit the upper Midwest (where it will probably settle in for a few months) and I was covered with sweat by the time I got home.

So here's a question for my regular readers (all both of you). Where should I head next? I want to slant back up north, so that I can run across Iowa. So I should head towards Indianapolis and then into Illinois. Any suggestions for a new goal?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richmond, Indiana, Indianapolis, Danville, Illinois, Peoria, then toward Iowa.

This advice from your Pella family.

Addy N. said...

Hi Jogger:
I replied to your comment over at my blog- there are some links to places in Oxford, there!

Addy N. said...

I just saw your question at the end, there- check out the American Discovery Trail- it cuts across Iowa...

USJogger said...

Gee, if I'd known about the American Discovery Trail, I could have taken it the whole way. Maybe I'll use it to get back.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you stop in Kansas ! Bring the entire Jogger family ! I'd love to meet everyone ! So much to run by in Kansas ! You could see the largest ball of twine, the big well, cows.... well, you get the picture !