Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Day 132 -- Somerville


I'm not real fond of Wikipedia. I think it's a dumb idea. When I want information about something, I want actual, reliable information, not somebody's guess as to what might be true. I hate that Google thinks Wikipedia is so great, and almost always has it way up on the list.

However, today, it turned out to be interesting, because I found that Somerville, Ohio, has its own Wikipedia entry. I don't know how small you have to be to not be in Wikipedia, but at 294 people, Somerville is in. (I suspect it's hit-and-miss. There are probably a whole lot of larger towns that don't have articles, although I couldn't find any.) The most interesting statistic to me is "The racial makeup of the village was 99.66% White, and 0.34% Asian." That's right, folks, one of the 294 people identifies himself or herself as Asian. Glad we got that cleared up.

By the by, I won't be in Oxford tomorrow. Turns out I wasn't as close as I thought I was. I thought I was about 10 miles out, but it was more like 15. And, having only run 4.7 today, it's not guaranteed I'll even make it by Thursday. But I should be there Friday, unless I take an unscheduled day off. Sorry for the wait, Addy N. Hope that you didn't have a souffle in the oven.

2 comments:

Addy N. said...

Well, I guess I'll have to put the ticker tape parade on hold, then! On the plus side, things are supposed to cool off a bit by the end of the week. btw- it looks like you are taking a very circuitous route. You should have come straight down Route 732 (or another road) to reach Oxford. Oh- and I agree about Wikipedia. You never know when you can trust what you read there.

USJogger said...

It's possible that the real problem is that I'm blogging stuff out of order. I just kind of pick stuff that's near where I think I am.