Sunday, July 16, 2006

Day 130 -- Hueston Woods State Park


Here I am at the Raptor Rehabilitation Center at Hueston Woods State Park. This land was originally bought by Matthew Hueston in 1797, and has been preserved in more or less its natural state for all that time.

I finally broke the eight mile barrier today. I've been flirting with it for a while, running as much as 7.7, and I finally went over. Usually, I just run around until I'm tired and then quit, but today's run was carefully planned. On Friday, I clocked out a 4.3 mile route that begins and ends near my house. Then this morning, I ran it once, stopped, walked a while and drank some water, then ran it again. Hey, Presto: 8.6 miles.

It's just as well I took the break, too. It was already in the 70's at 6:00 this morning, and humid. I managed to work up a sweat. And it doesn't promise to be any better for the next four or five days. But, having pushed myself today, I'll be content with shorter runs the next couple of days.

0 comments: