Friday, July 07, 2006

Day 123 -- Springfield (Ohio, that is)


"It's been said that every state in the USA has a Springfield. This isn't true; 35 states have a Springfield or a close cousin..." This from FTL Design. This gives me an idea for what I could do when I'm done running across the country. I could run to Springfield. All of them. Perhaps in alphabetical order by state. Or perhaps not. That would have me run, for example, from Georgia to Idaho and then back to Illinois.

This page is, I think, another example of the sort of oddity you can find on the web. I've no doubt that 20 years ago someone knew exactly how many Sprinfields there are the in country, but they didn't have a way to make that information so widely public.

A little over seven miles this morning, taking me well into Springfield.

0 comments: