Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Day 325 -- Humility

Today's run was rather humbling. I had been at the point where five miles at a 9:30 pace was nothing. A walk in the park. But today, my legs were still pretty sore from Sunday, so every step was hard. I did finish, and probably could have even kept running. But it brought me back to earth. It reminded me of how tough this goal really is.

Today was humbling in other ways. It has been the longest damn day. I got in to work around 8:30, and did a few things that needed doing. I had class at 10, and I literally have been scheduled ever since. Class at 10 and 11. A meeting at noon (which began at 11:30 and ended some time after 1, so I came late and left early.) Class from 1 to 4. A meeting at 4, which also wasn't over when I left. At 5, I started giving my Calculus exam, which will go until 9 tonight. (It won't be a four hour exam, but some people will be coming later, as their schedule permits.) I'm glad that there's a computer in this room. I could be doing something productive, but I don't have the energy.

0 comments: