Thursday, April 05, 2007

Day 327 -- In a Funk (Nebraska, that is)


I'm several miles south of Funk, Nebraska. With a name like that, I couldn't resist a stop. However, I was immediately transported back in time to 1951 (note the black and white) and arrested by a young Andis Kaulins. Apparently, Andis acheived his childhood ambitions of becoming a lawman. However, rather than toting a six-shooter, he totes a briefcase.

Funk is an appropriate place for me, right now, because I'm kind of in my own Funk. It has been a frustrating week. The really frustrating part is how much I'm having to do that isn't really related to teaching. I've been in meeting after meeting, preparing proposals for talks, and generally not spending time on my students. Everything that I've been doing has been important. It's just that there's so much of it.

However, today begins a four-day April break, and I'll get caught up on my sleep, and on at least some of my work, and I'll be fine on Tuesday, when I have to go back to school.

0 comments: