Friday, April 06, 2007

Day 328 -- Holdrege, Nebraska


Today, I find myself in the middle of Holdrege, Nebraska. Something about the town sends a little jolt to my subconscious. I know Holdrege, in a way that I don't know Funk or Wilcox. I had a graduate school friend who was from Nebraska. I'm wondering if Holdrege was his home town. That was during my first pass through graduate school, in the late 1980's, so it's little wonder that I've forgotten.

I ran a solid eight miles today. The last six weeks or so, I've been following my schedule, which has Fridays off and sorta long runs on Saturday. However, the weather is downright cold, and the wind is horrible, so I decided to go today, when the gym was open. I'm not sure what I'm going to do on Sunday. The gym isn't even open in the afternoon, of course. So I may have to just wait and run outside after church, when at least the sun will be out and the temps will be a little warmer.

0 comments: