Saturday, April 28, 2007

Day 343 -- Paxton, Nebraska


Paxton, Nebraska, is home to Kory Land & Cattle, Inc., where, as you can see, one can get a custom cattle feeder with up to a 10,000 head capacity. That's a lot of beef.

I got up at 4:00 this morning to take the first Little Jogger over to school. The Science Olympiad team is driving clear over to Oshkosh for the state competition, and the vans had to leave at 4:30. The Little Jogger has been pretty nervous for the last week or so. From an adult perspective, there's nothing to be nervous about. She should go, have a good time, do her best, and not worry about the outcome. But of course she's pretty competitive, and she doesn't want to embarrass herself or let her teammates down.

Since I was up early anyway, I went ahead an ran my weekend long run, which I normally do on Sundays. I ran 12 miles, and felt pretty good. I even picked up the pace for the last three. It's a beautiful morning for a run.

0 comments: