Sunday, April 08, 2007

Day 329 -- Elm Creek, Nebraska


Just about to hop onto Interstate 80, a little south of Elm Creek, home of Dawson County Ethanol, LLC.

I ran 18 miles today. I was tired at the end (and I still am tired), but I didn't feel as bad as last week. I wasn't tempted to quit early. It felt really good. Last week, I questioned whether I could ever run a marathon. This week, I feel like I can. Not tomorrow, but I'll be ready when it comes around in September.

This is the fourth time in five weeks that I've run farther than I've ever run before in my life. That's very likely the last time I'll be able to truthfully type that sentence. In fact, I only expect to run two farther distances: 20 miles, which I'll run for the first time in two weeks, and 26.2 miles, which I'll run for the first time in September. I suspect I'll never run an ultramarathon (a distance of longer than 26.2 miles.) And that's OK. I may be crazy, but I'm not that crazy.

0 comments: