Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Almost, but not quite


At the end of last year, I set a goal to go all of 2007 without taking more than two days off from running. And I made it up until...today. I even made it after the marathon. I ran again on Wednesday, after the Sunday marathon. But the cold weather got me. I could have run on Sunday, since the gym was open, but I didn't. Yesterday, we packed up and drove down to Grandma Joggers, and it's just too cold, and there's too much snow on the ground, to run outside. And there's no gym open around here. So, I came up a week short on that goal.

As you can see, I did get some exercise today, on Grandma's Nordic Track. It was OK, but boring. I don't know why running for 35 minutes is less boring than Nordic Tracking for 35 minutes, but it is.

We've had a good Christmas, overall. Lots of great presents, lots of great food, and not too much fighting. Mrs. Jogger has a cold which is stuffing up her sinuses, so she hasn't been really happy. But we've tried to keep the kids occupied, and I think that she's feeling a little better now.

I probably won't run tomorrow, but we'll be going home on Thursday, and I'll try to get to the gym, then. In the meantime, I'm just trying to decompress a little.

0 comments: