Sunday, December 30, 2007

Day 514 -- Jogger's Progress


TripYTDDec
Distance2926.01551.585.2
Time18 days, 13 hrs, 35 min
10 days, 4 hrs, 41 min
13:23
Days51425716
States1472

The gym will be closed tomorrow, and it's still nowhere near nice enough to run outside, so today is my last day of the year. I couldn't decide whether to run six or eight, so I ran seven. I could easily have run more. I still had energy left at the end.

So, it was a good year, even if December was a light month. I did 175 more miles than in 2006. Interestingly, I ran the exact same number of days -- 257 in 2006 and 257 in 2007. I ran all the way from Civil Bend, Missouri, to somewhere west of West Wendover, Nevada. Of course, I ran my first marathon.

I did miss a couple of goals. I didn't lose any weight, even with all those miles. And as I wrote a couple of days ago, I didn't quite make my goal of never missing more than two days of running.

And what's up for next year? Well, I let my friends on one of my message boards talk me into setting a goal of 2008 miles in 2008. That's going to be a stretch. It's a full 25% more than this year. But what the heck? It wouldn't be a goal if it were easy.

I'm planning to train for three marathons. I'm already registered for the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon in May. Then I'll immediately start training for the Community First Fox Cities Marathon, which runs through Appleton, Kimberly, Combined Locks, Darboy, Menasha, and Neenah, up in East-Central Wisconsin. Then I'll immediately start training for the Zoom Yah! Yah! Indoor Marathon in Northfield, Minnesota, in January 2009. That last one is a maybe. The field is limited to 40 runners, because, well, it's an indoor marathon. So I might not get in.

I'll also make my initial goal for JogAmericaBlog: San Francisco. I'm maybe 600 miles out, now, so I should be there this spring. And then what? I'm thinking of running up the west coast to Oregon. Every good runner should make it to Eugene, Oregon, one of the hotbeds of running in the 60's and 70's.

0 comments: