Monday, October 02, 2006

Day 189 -- Peoria


Welcome to Peoria. I surely couldn't resist getting a photo in front of the Hubcap House. One of the cool things is that I am standing here with Dr. Carla Yanni, of the Art History department of Rutgers University. It takes a special kind of Art Historian to pose in front of the Hubcap House for one's bio page. I can't tell whether this is a genuine example of good twentieth century architecture, or whether Dr. Yanni just has a cool sense of humor.

I ran 3.7 miles today, and lifted weights. I missed a week of lifting, because I lost my faculty ID, so I couldn't get into the gym. I finally found it in the dryer, wedged under one of the tumbler ribs. I'd looked in the dryer, but I would have missed it if that particular rib was at the top of the dryer barrel. I don't know how many loads it had been through, but it scanned OK at the gym this morning, so I guess that it's OK.

0 comments: