Thursday, October 26, 2006

Day 207 and 208 -- Burlington, Iowa


I'll keep this short, because I have no confidence that it will actually get posted, so I don't see a lot of point in writing too much....Blogger has been having difficulty for two days now. Yesterday, I couldn't even read any blogs on Blogger (which you yourself may have experience, if you tried when I did.) Earlier this evening, I could read, but not post. Right now, it thinks it's going to let me post, but who knows?

I ran into Iowa today, the seventh state of my Odyssey, and in some respects, my home state. I was born in Michigan, and lived for a while in New York, but I went to high school and college in Iowa, and my family still lives there. I think that if the emperor called for a census, I might have to go there to be counted. In fact, I'm heading for Grandma Jogger's house next, and then westward.

Above, the bridge over the Mississippi at Burlington, from this site. I'm surprised to find out that it was just built in 1996. Below, a Jogger in a field of Patterson's bindweed. This photo is from Big River State Forest, north of the crossing on the Illinois side of the river. It's what I intended to post yesterday.

0 comments: