Thursday, October 05, 2006

Happy Birthday, Dear Jogger

Yes, today marks the end of my 42nd year on this planet. I've been thinking all day about something profound and insightful to say on this occasion, and here it is: 42 ain't bad.

I've had a good day. I did not run today, because I wanted to rest after yesterday's tough day. I think that was a good decision, since my legs are sore anyway. I got a lot of work done today, although somehow more work just seems to keep cropping up. Funny how that goes.

We're not really celebrating tonight. Grandma Jogger and her housemate are coming up for a visit tomorrow, and we'll have cake and ice cream then. Although I just might sneak some ice cream yet tonight, after the kids are in bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday ol man. i wish you would go ahead and jog on past me. i am contemplating remaining at 42 for a couple more years.

Addy N. said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm once again behind in my blog reading. You are about 8 months YOUNGER than my husband (but you're older than me!) Hope you had a good one.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Prof !! Sorry my wishes were late ! Hope you had a great day !!! Enjoy !!