Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 423 -- Train Tracks


Once again, I'm in a stretch of road without a lot of landmarks. But I found this UP 6887 leading a mixed bag of hoppers, according to the Mountain West Rail web site. I don't know what a "UP 6887" is, or what a "mixed bag of hoppers" is. I do know that the web site says this is just north of Toponas, and I'm, well, somewhat north of Toponas. So I'm probably not far from here. Better not stand on the tracks too long.

The heat and humidity, if not exactly broken, were at least decreased a little this morning. Combine that with the fact that I took yesterday off, and the fact that I ran pretty slowly this morning, and it was a good morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey nephew,
UP 6887 is a Union Pacific engine number 6887. (train ID)
Uncle Not A.

USJogger said...

Thanks for clearing that up....