Thursday, August 30, 2007

Day 436 -- Jogger's Progress


TripYTDJul
Distance2513.11138.6173.3
Time15 days, 17 hrs, 55 min
7 days, 9 hrs, 1 min
1 day, 4 hr, 31 min
Days43617923
States1251

Tomorrow being a scheduled day off, it's time to take a look at Jogger's Progress.

In total mileage, I was only 0.8 short of my longest month ever, which was this past April. I was about 3 miles ahead of the estimate that I made at the beginning of the month. I cut a couple of runs short, but I made up on the other days, usually a half a mile to a mile at a time. My plan for the next three weeks is to stick very close to the schedule, to try to maximize my chances of arriving at the starting line of the marathon rested and ready.

I note that some time this last week, I passed 2500 miles for the trip. That's cool. For the year, I'm up over 1100 miles. At this point, I expect to finish the year with 1600 to 1700 miles. We'll see.

Only one goal for September: the Quad Cities Marathon. My mail goal is to finish, whether I have to run, walk, or crawl. Beyond that, I'd like to be in relatively good shape, and I even have a time goal in the back of my head, but I'm not even going to type it. I don't want to finish and then get all disappointed because I missed my time goal. Just finish. That's the main thing.

0 comments: